View Single Post
Old 02-17-20, 05:28 PM   #453
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Hey merc! - we forgot about the way "time" works in the Mission Editor as it "translates" it to the game! That "timer" wants to run in the scenario, so when the game starts, it starts, just like it was 22nd August, 1942 instead of its given date of the 8th... therefore, I'll bet you are running out of time really close to that 1300 mark each time. Sometimes maybe 1301, another maybe 1305... ?? Sound reasonable? Therefore, if you open the scenario in the ME, and look at the "Triggers", change that "time" to say 1430, and you should get about another hour and a half to make it. Historically, I'm not sure what the scenario is based upon, because according to the USS Skipjack's Patrol Report, they were off Ambdon on the 22nd... ?? So what a skipper would have done in that situation - besides staying in the deep water during the daylight hours and then making a run across the shallows under cover of darkness, I don't know...
I stayed in the shallowest parts on the surface the whole run at flank. One hour and 57 minutes is all it took.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote