View Single Post
Old 04-21-22, 03:15 AM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Funny Testing moment with BB

Testing out some new visual sensors for battleships in TMO Update V2.0. I have them engaging at 15-20000 yards now, wanted to see if could get even close to historical ranges would engage with big guns so tweaked sensors a bit.

I set up a Yamato v. Iowa. They were slugging it opened fire at roughly 18000 yards from one another. Clear calm down, believe detected on radar first judging by behavior.

They sped up so I surfaced in order to catch up. I was far enough away Yamato did not detect me. However, I was a little too close to Iowa . I was watching via binoculars and the external "next prev unit" cam.

Yamato let loose forward and aft 18 inch gun salvos.. I went back to look at Iowa and heard sounds of my sub being hit...damage reports piled in, crew screams, pipes bursting. I went to interior view and then to external view, my sub was gone. I went back to internal view, nothing worked. When went to external view, nothing under water, saw a few bubbles near surface.

Apparently 18 inch gun fire which missed Iowa hit my boat, destroying it but sim did not end the mission, even though boat was dead. lol

I've ran into this bug before...never been taken out by gunfire like that. Freak thing too, with gunfire missing Iowa and hitting me. No they had not detected, they cant detect a sub at such ranges. lol
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote