View Single Post
Old 08-04-21, 07:45 AM   #141
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

23 February 1942

Japan
USS Grayling torpedoed a cargo ship off Kyushu. I think this one will make it back to port. 480 miles southeast of Japan, USS Thresher attacked another cargo ship on the surface, scoring 2 torpedo hits along with several gun hits for a confirmed kill. This one was on the likely supply route to Midway/Hawaii. South of Tokyo Bay, USS Trigger engaged the same cargo ship 3 times... the first was a relatively routine surface attack, except that Trigger must have fired 10 Mk14s, scoring multiple hits of which only 1 exploded. The sub got too close for comfort trying to get another to explode so it broke off and tried again. The second attack was a submerged torpedo attack, it hit with 1 out of 2 but it was another dud. She broke contact again and finally got another hit the 3rd time that finished the damaged ship off.

Hawaii
The battleships took today off. Air raids on port and airfield.

Malaya
Oscar sweeps repeated yesterday's result in Singapore, just one Oscar lost. I've reinforced Singapore with a Hurricane squadron that arrived in Java during the battle last week-it's not at full strength anymore but it should help. I raided Singkawang but it wasn't worth it, patrolling Oscars got 3 of my bombers and I can only confirm 1 plane destroyed on the ground, a Babs recon plane.

Java
My B-17s from Surabaya targeted Makasar. We pushed past the Oscars on patrol but lost a bomber to flak. Airfield damage was negligible. I need to lengthen the runways at Surabaya a bit to use B-17s at full efficiency, they're flying with a reduced bombload and it shows.

Thailand
Recon shows Raheng appears to have been reinforced, 2 RTA divisions there instead of 1. That could be a problem. I'm shifting some bombers over to there, let's see if I can wear them down before my troops get there. Maybe the JAAF will finally come out to play with Pappy Boyington.

China
A land attack on Wenchow knocked forts down to level 2, casualties 800 to 900 in his favor. Overall he outnumbers me 4 to 1 there, he'll have it in a few days.