View Single Post
Old 08-04-11, 07:30 PM   #38
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
Get the graphics card. You know you want it otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it...
I will have to look at prices again. I haven't checked in a while. Plus I still have the initial expenses on the new (to me) Sonata, it's going in to have one last little problem taken care of next week and I don't know how much that will cost.

OTOH, I also expect to have some extra bits of cash coming in from here and there over the rest of the month - a tiny bit of mom's estate is ready to be doled out, I'll be selling my old car to whoever can give me the most $ the quickest, plus it's one of my biannual three-paycheck months and I budget all my monthly expenses for just two paychecks. That's one full paycheck that no rent or other bill is gonna take a bite out of. Depending on how expenses pan out on the car I could either have lots of extra cash or just break even.

Edit: been looking around for the 5870 and, wow, they do not seem to be readily available at all at any of the places I remember looking last time (i.e. merchants I already know and trust). At any rate I will probably wait on a gfx card decision until last, because I already have one on hand and there are too many other things I must buy like memory and a PSU otherwise the rig doesn't get built at all.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 08-04-11 at 09:22 PM.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote