View Single Post
Old 09-20-20, 10:46 PM   #1862
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
I've seen that too. Sometimes I can only get to about 80% original capacity.
I figure it's battle damage & head home as soon as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Best course of action. When at sea, you should never be able to do a complete repair on batteries... However, we need propbeanie to confirm either way...
i am not PB but i can confirm that when there is any damage to the batteries, they will not repair back to 100% during a mission.

battery damage is like hull damage: a kaleun must return to his home base and end the patrol in order to fully repair either one of them. stopping for a weapons reload will not repair batteries or hull damage (or destroyed equipment).

on a side note, i have been in both forward and aft battery rooms of a WWII US sub. they are located a level below the normal deck and are accessible via only one vertical steel ladder. the grate over each hatchway weighed at least 100 lbs. each room would be crammed with batteries (54hx21wx15d) and have very little room for humans to maneuver. lighting is in the form of protected incandescent bulbs which only made a warm space even warmer. it is hard to verbalize the claustrophobic feeling one gets even when visiting a battery room...and then try to imagine having to go down there, holding a lantern in one hand, while you are underwater (condensation dripping) and being depth charged...trying to figure out what the problem is before actually fixing it. a daunting task to say the least.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote