View Single Post
Old 07-13-22, 09:36 AM   #72
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

VR is for certain game genres, but not for all. This will not change much even with higher resolution than today.

A very ghood compromise between visual qulity and price is the G2 Reverb. As I qwrote earlier however, in games where precise and fast handsaet ztracking is needed, it is not so good. But in seated cockit surroundings it is the VR set of choice, imo. The visuals are so good that I indeed these days prefer to watch a movie bluray or DVD in VR with a cinema environment, not on huge TV.

Also, VR market still is in steep climb, not stagnating or even dropping at all! I wonder where you got that impression. What is an obstacle for some is not the limitations of VR, but the high costs of many sets.

Just one example of many:

https://www.androidcentral.com/gamin...ld-spring-2022

Quote:
VR continues to break records as Meta's Quest 2 headset leads the pack, now eclipsing the 14.8 million units sold mark according to new data provided by the International Data Corporation, or IDC for short. That same report shows that VR sales grew 97% in 2021, with Q1 2022 bringing that number up to a whopping 242% growth.

German Amazon offers the G2 with handpieces for 650-700 Euros. I got mine half a year ago for 500.