View Single Post
Old 05-30-22, 05:34 AM   #66
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

That depends on your budget, so as long as oyu gave no number, I only give two general tips:

1. Wheel rims and button boxes are for immersion only, they do not make you faster. Wheelbases vary in quality of FF (output power, subtelty of feedback).

2. But good pedals, and here especially a good brake pedal, preferrably with a so-called load-cell, WILL make you faster. Becasue you do not mess up your breaking as easily as with a soft sprinbg pedal where you nconstantly break too much and lock wheels.

Thats why I always would recommend the best Fanatec pedal they have, although there are cheaper ones by Fanatec, the Club Sport Pedal version 3.

There are top class pedals by other manufacturerds that cost even more and are eve nmore robust and solid, but I do not know them, and they are meant for fixed installation in cabion simulators, else they would move too easily.

Here are some complete packages by Fanatec, at - for Fanatec - reasonable pricing. My CSL Elite wheelbase is no longer produced, they only have DD bases now. Even the smallest of them should give the user a signficantly stronger and subtle reaciton what even the best belt-drive.

https://fanatec.com/eu-de/komplettpakete/

[edit: sorry, all but one are sold out, the say]

And in this thread
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=250766
you can see that I am obviously very happy with the two wheelrims I use. The GT3 rim is very fairly priced (200 coins) and offers incredible bang for the buck. The R300+Universal Hub is much heavier - but the wheelbase can easily handle it as well, I was surprised.

P.S. You said Assetto Corsa, which I know well. I recommend you also Competizione, which does thoise things that it does better than anyone else, and Raceroom. Even Wreckfest (it has reasonably believable physics, do not be misled by the name), and Dirt Rally 2.

If you ever plan to go VR (recommended for sim racing, its what VR was meant for), plan to have some system reserves. When I had to replace my VR set last winter, and updated from Rift to G2, I was worried about my graphics board (GTX1080), since the pixel load is several factors higher. To my surprise and relief the system had those reserves when I build it 2017, that so far were not used, but now there is good use, and the migration to a new VR headset went smoother than I feared. Indeed I am extremely happy with the new set. The difference is stellar, the image quality is superb. Got it with two handles for 500 coins.

Really, if you go for a new system plan for VR. Google Earth/Streetview in VR alone is worth it. I myself would even pay monthly subscription for it, serious. I have done a hilarious ammoujnt of world travelling, and I am very thankful for this software, absolutely. Its magic. The Streetwalk videos I linked to some weeks ago, in a VR movie cinema are magic as well. Unbelievable how you get sucked in.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-30-22 at 06:16 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote