Old 09-07-13, 11:51 AM   #22
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

I will upload test version of this mod now...So far only type VIIb

- Added new controllers to.zon file
- Propellers are destructible and gradually loosing their efficiency
- rudders and dive planes are destructible too but looks like they do not loosing efficiency gradually...
- Reduced compartments hitpoins down to 50
- increased HP for certain interior equipment (like diesel and electric engines so they wont take so much damage from outside and lower calibres)
- Instant death disabled with increase of overall sub HP (but dont forget, compartments are very sensitive to direct hits)
- reworked submarine damage zones
- Addes armor to the bottom of the sub, (i saw this from SH4, OM and RFB boats) this should reduced HP loos when sub land on bottom and give you time to stop flooding... if compartment isn't completely destroyed off course...
- Increased sub armor to 13cm so that internal equipment won't be so vulnerable to lower calibers .
- Flooding repair times drastically increased
- Flotability values for compartments also dractically increased so flooded compartments will cause submarine sinking, better watch for compressed air...

In short, 1or 2 direct hits from large calibers to individual compartment will cause significant flooding and you wont be able to dive, in fact you will, but that wont bring any good. One destroyed and flooded compartment wont cause sub to sink but two will (surface)...Under the water ,situation is little bit diferent, most of the time blow ballast is only solution.Unfortunatelly , white flag wont help you if destroyer or anything with deck gun is near...

What i'm also very exciting about is that those modifications open quite nice possibility to fix finally DC kicking destroyer's asses bug (or en least to reduce it drastically) ...More on this later

DOWNLOAD
FX update 0.0.22 compatible , recommended mission for testing is TDW torpedo plane or any mission with some low -middle skilled destroyer or merchant . Those things are so accurate...

I'm still experimenting with torpedo tubes, periscopes, UZO...I have some interesting ideas but i will need help...

Last edited by vdr1981; 09-07-13 at 12:11 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote