View Single Post
Old 12-24-22, 02:47 PM   #684
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

26 September 1943

DEI
4 Nick fighter bombers strafed Namlea airbase at night, damaging several aircraft and destroying a Hellcat and a P-40. I don't have night fighters available close by--the closest are those Corsairs that arrived in the US weeks ago which should be dropped off in Townsville Australia in a few days. Until then I'm putting 1/3 of a P-47 squadron on night patrol duty.

Burma
6 B-25Gs attacked a transport task force at Tavoy. We failed to connect with any bombs but did get 75mm cannon hits on an AV and a destroyer. 1 B-25 was shot down by flak.

Our phibs are landing more reinforcements on the Burmese coast.

Sulu Sea
The beleaguered tanker convoy from Brunei was attacked yet again, this time by USS Stringray near Iloilo in the Philippines. She sank a small 2900-ton cargo ship-to-tanker conversion. Makes sense, the docks at Burnei are pretty small, I usually use medium tankers there.

China
Nanchang took another ground attack, which hit hard enough to bring our forts down to Level 3. Not sure how much our air support is helping. Casualties 3493 to 1452 favoring us. The attacking units are well below what their strength should be "on paper."

They also attacked Sinyang (frontline between the central urban area and the northern cluster), casualties 2449 to 221 favoring us. Not sure what they're thinking there.

And finally they attacked the small mountain base of Tsiaotso. They brought the forts down to Level 4, taking 2435 casualties to our 876. They look really short of what they need to get through here.

Reinforcements
DD Kidd arrives at Eastern USA
839/841 Engineer Aviation Battalion arrives at San Francisco