View Single Post
Old 12-08-21, 11:55 PM   #2
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Niner View Post
I am on my first patrol out of Manila in a Gar-class boat, and the weather is annoying to say the least. For the last many days it has been storming with 15 kt winds, heavy rain and fog that severely restricts visibility. That's not how the weather works in this part of the world, and I know because I live here.

It may storm but every storm typically lasts and hour or so. Never for days on end.

I'm not sure if this is mod-related or something about the vanilla game. In any case is there a way to tweak this? Thanks.

One of those inherent bugs in SH 4, sim pulls the weather from multiple files and believe is hardcoded as well and tends to get stuck at times in cycles.

I noticed since I went through ALL of the files...campaign traffic, patrol objectives, etc and altered the cycles there is more stability in the weather, less tendency to storm like it is the Atlantic lol. Your location on the map (planet earth) also comes into play.

ctrl+n will change the weather when it gets stuck...usually a slight delay but will change it.

One factor that causes stick is high time compression, going above 1056x seems to "break" the weather.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote