Old 05-26-22, 04:30 PM   #60
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
This what one of my American friend wrote in an answer to a common friend

"With the Republican party it goes in one ear and out the other , they are in bed with the NRA who pays them off from passing gun laws."

I'm not much into American politics I hope that both side is interested in some kind of regulation.

Markus

Please note that NRA membership represents about 5-10% of gun owners in the US.

I have been a gun owner since Carter's administration and used to shoot in competitions -- never joined the NRA.

Second, in the 2016 election (last report I read), the total amount of political donations to ANY candidate,m from the NRA, did not make the top 50 sources of donations. Pharma donations dwarf what the NRA donates.

If you want to talk about bribing congress not to pass laws, the NRA is strictly minor league

The NRA is politically important only because people think they are politically important.

The sad news is that neither side really wants to do anything about it. They want to talk about doing something in order to garner votes, but if you read the actual texts of "gun control" legislation, you will see a whole lot of extra stuff that has nothing to do with public safety added because of political party agendas.

I will believe that a politician is truly interested in addressing this issue when they propose and pass simple legislation that only focuses on one issue. Find something that both sides can agree on (and there is a lot) and pass just that. That is the only way things will change.

I am sure that US politicians are not that much different from other piece of crap politicians around the world. They all have the same priorities

1. Get elected/reelected
2. Prevent the other party candidate from being elected/reelected
3. Help others in their party get elected/reelected
4. Prevent candidates in the opposing political party from getting elected/reelected

Doing the right thing for the people? A bit lower on the list.

I have more respect for a whore working the streets than I do for a politician.