View Single Post
Old 05-26-22, 11:17 AM   #52
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
And again: children and teenagers all over the world consume the same media, yet mass shooting and gun violence commited by teens are only a problem in the US.
and again: there does appear to be an uptick in violence not just in the United States. Why? Some studies suggest media violence does have an affect on the population. Guns have been around a lot longer than the uptick in violence. The firearm is not the reason for the uptick in violence nor will removing them solve the problem of the growth of violent people.

Quote:
Yet at the same time you want to restrict media for millions of teenagers who consume media without going on gun rampages.
I didn’t say I wanted too, I said: “I agree it should be regulated by parents” but then went on to say crap hours, minimum wage and scrambling to make ends meet can make that difficult to do which then leaves child to his own devices.

Furthermore we’re not zombies, not everyone is wired the same. Just look at Subsim, how many people tired of the things said here, got up and left never to be heard from again. Maybe they went hunting, started a garden, wrote a book, built a boat or went sailing, spent more time with family, got a better job, took up an outdoor hobby or travelled. There are other things to do besides counting how many thumbs up you get or gossip.

Quote:
This is not about hindsight. If there is even the slightest doubt about a person's character and mental stability he or she should not be able to buy a gun.
I agree though I think it is about hindsight, because there is no law or background check in the world that can reveal the future. Even questions regarding red flags I think can only be addressed by those closest to the killer after the fact. Other than that what people want I think is akin to the movie ‘Minority Report’

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-26-22 at 11:33 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote