View Single Post
Old 05-26-22, 10:20 AM   #51
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I agree it should be regulated by parents but unfortunately the way our economy is set up. I think parents or most likely these days the parent is so harried trying to make ends meet there is little time to spend with and guide a child. Therefore the child is in my opinion left his own devices. His guide is social media, TV, games, media bombardments filled with violence.

And again: children and teenagers all over the world consume the same media, yet mass shooting and gun violence commited by teens are only a problem in the US.

Quote:
Because there are millions of 18 year old sportsmen who are of a sound mind, hunting wild game with a single fire bolt action should not be made hard to get. Whereas it’s illegal to hunt with a semi-automatic rifle anyway unless there is a permanent restrictor plate installed preventing more than 3 rounds in the magazine

Yet at the same time you want to restrict media for millions of teenagers who consume media without going on gun rampages.

Quote:
My hindsight is perfect.

This is not about hindsight. If there is even the slightest doubt about a person's character and mental stability he or she should not be able to buy a gun.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote