Old 05-26-22, 10:04 AM   #50
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Default H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
I agree in principle - but shouldn't that be left to the parents rather than being regulated by the state? I may be wrong here, but isn't one of the conservative talking points in the US "less government!", yet this proposal would mean the opposite.
I agree it should be regulated by parents but unfortunately the way our economy is set up. I think parents or most likely these days the parent is so harried trying to make ends meet there is little time to spend with and guide a child, the child is in my opinion left to his own device. His guide is social media, TV, games, media bombardments filled with violence.

Quote:
Why not for any guns regardless of whatever limitation you can think of? You can't buy alcoholic drinks of any kind legally in the US if you are under 21. What would be so difficult to create a similar law in which the word "alcohol" is replaced by "gun"?
Because there are millions of 18 year old sportsmen who are of a sound mind, hunting wild game with a single fire bolt action should not be made hard to get. Whereas it’s illegal to hunt with a semi-automatic rifle anyway unless there is a permanent restrictor plate installed preventing more than 3 rounds in the magazine

Quote:
When there's a person who you'd like to ask "what (has) changed" would you still want this very same person to be able to get a gun? Shouldn't the simple fact that you have doubts be enough to raise the red flags?
My hindsight is perfect. But the so called comprehensive background checks only reveal past records and convictions. Not the buyers current state of mind or future intentions. At the time of purchase there were absolutely no red flags presented to the seller or the manufacture of the firearms. I think the question were any red flags presented should be addressed to his parents, peers, and community.

But I’m thinking something in society has changed for better AND for worse. Hell, granted it was only a cursory review but it appears even South Korea has increasing crime and violence rates. We are just as much a part of nature as the law of causation is a part of nature. It’s cause and effect guns have been around a very long time but why are we in my opinion seeing an increase in violence and more people with so little regard for human life.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-26-22 at 10:17 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote