View Single Post
Old 05-26-22, 09:36 AM   #49
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I guess we could start with the number of hours per day children in each country spend on TV, social media, what is presented on TV, social media and amount of time spent playing violent video games.

I agree in principle - but shouldn't that be left to the parents rather than being regulated by the state? I may be wrong here, but isn't one of the conservative talking points in the US "less government!", yet this proposal would mean the opposite.

Quote:
I just can’t deny the studies that suggest all of the above DOES have an affect on children. Obviously access to firearms is also an issue which was why I also suggested maybe raising the age limit to 21 particularly for high capacity semi-automatics.
Why not for any guns regardless of whatever limitation you can think of? You can't buy alcoholic drinks of any kind legally in the US if you are under 21. What would be so difficult to create a similar law in which the word "alcohol" is replaced by "gun"?

Quote:
I’ll be the first to admit I do not have all the answers. I am very curious to know what motivated him because it wasn’t always like this, what changed?
When there's a person who you'd like to ask "what (has) changed" would you still want this very same person to be able to get a gun? Shouldn't the simple fact that you have doubts be enough to raise the red flags?
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote