View Single Post
Old 12-18-17, 07:16 PM   #3
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

I think Trumpeter does a modern Seawolf in 1/144th scale? I've heard about folks converting the kit to R/C so its going to take up some space in the house.

Way back in the day, I bought a couple of 1/192nd scale resin kits from a guy named David Meriman that were outstanding. His 688 kinda set the standard for a modern sub kit. It didn't hurt that I was on the Bremerton and we were in the shipyard at Pearl when I built it. I was able to match all the paint the easy way, I would just take color samples to work with me when we would have to do a dry-dock walk-around. The only down side to those kits were the numbers and draft markers. They were printed as dry transfers and just didn't work.
The model still turned out pretty good even if it was a little large for a barracks room (this thing would dominate the top of a dresser) and I heard from folks doing inspections that they were tempted to "impound" it due to security reasons. (Nice try, COB..)

I settled on 1/350th scale as a kind of compromise. They're a little more tricky to build and paint but a finished kit is usually less than a foot long.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote