View Single Post
Old 05-08-15, 09:38 PM   #3
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Oh yes, big fan of DD, from the beginning. I saw the Netflix series, loved it. Looking forward to season 2. The is Legend. Did you hear they are making several series with other Marvel B heroes, and plan to tie them all in together? Awesome new entertainment package.

Quote:
In the film business, Marvel Studios accomplished something never before seen, building a shared cinematic universe with a series of interconnected films beginning with 2008’s Iron Man and big screen team-ups (The Avengers). On the television side, they’re attempting to push the envelope as well with Marvel TV signing a landmark agreement with Netflix.

Confirming a report from three weeks ago indicating that Marvel is developing four TV shows and a miniseries (a total of 60 potential episodes) and pitching it to various networks, Disney-Marvel and Netflix have joined forces for exactly this. In what’s described as an “unprecedented deal,” Netflix is expanding their partnership with Disney after signing an agreement last year for first-run rights to their movies in the U.S. beginning in 2016 – which does of course include Marvel Studios properties and whatever’s in the pipeline from newer acquisition Lucasfilm.

The new deal will see Netflix exclusively airing original Marvel live-action TV programming based in the “gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell’s Kitchen, New York.” This will begin in 2015 with Daredevil, an intellectual property reacquired by Marvel Studios from Twentieth Century Fox last year. Jessica Jones, previously talked about as a potential ABC series, is next on the list, followed by other fan-favorite characters in Iron Fist and Luke Cage.
http://screenrant.com/marvel-netflix...jessica-jones/

I don't know anything about Jessica Jones (was after my time) but I was there for the beginning of Luke Cage, Hero for Hire and Iron Fist.