View Single Post
Old 01-28-22, 11:12 AM   #6
XDHUGOSXD
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default scapa flow enemies

I need to start this messeage by saying that i got the game 3 days ago

was intentionally meaning to go around scapa flow to explore the atlantic a bit, but i found a fishing ship, rough weathers prevented me from using my deck gun, so i had to ram him. this happened once more, but this time around the enemy fishing ship got backup by a squadron of swordfish.... i noticed that after they dropped the load, they were pretty much going straight towards scapa flow, BINGO!

this is the middle of 1940 btw

I try to sneak in and find the carrier, pretty much checking every ship my hydrophone picks up, only destroyers and corvettes on my way towards scapa.
I try entering scapa flow, from SSE, sunk a couple of destroyers, some of which had beached themselves. when i got inside however (after bumping into the anti submarine netting as i couldn't see it with free cam as it's invisible from the surface) i spent the night transferring torpedoes from exterior to interior storages as well as reloading. Just as i was done, i was attacked by a squadron of swordfish, didn't really think much of it other that they came from NNE.
went through the netted area, couldn't find much more than a couple of flower classes and destroyers. entirety of scapa flow was clean from any other ships.

On the way out i got bombed by another squadron of swordfish... all in all that patrol i took down 5 swordfish with a single 20mm, my friend who inspired me to get the game said that that is more than he has taken down during his entire career
XDHUGOSXD is offline   Reply With Quote