View Single Post
Old 01-18-23, 12:03 AM   #1325
Barrybaldy
Nub

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

I'm currently playing the pre-war Pearl Harbour Campaign, I've done my prewar patrols and I'm on mission 3. I was at sea when the Pearl Harbour attack happened, so unfortunately I missed the scripted attack.

I've been given an assignment to pull up to Japan and take photos of Yokohama Port. Problem is, the entry to Yokohama and Kawasaki is shallow as all hell, and there are two destroyers patrolling side to side across the only entry.

I've tried running silent at 1 knot and slipping between them when they're facing away, but I can't slip past before they turn around, blast their lights and start pinging.

I've tried being completely motionless on the bottom before they turn around but again, the lights come on and the pinging starts. There's also a smaller boat that motors around at high speed with depth charges and, I'm assuming, a hydrophone, because on the off chance I do make a little headway, that boats jets to me at full speed and starts dropping depth charges on me, Destroyer flares go up and the whole thing starts again.

I feel like I might be missing something here. Did I just luck out and get a mission that can't be completed? The distance shore to shore in that pass is so narrow that the destroyers cover it before I can make any kind of move to navigate the pass. On the off chance the planets align, the Destroyers are facing away from each other and I get a brief gap, that smaller boat comes motoring in hard right on top of me.

What am I doing wrong here?
Barrybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote