View Single Post
Old 10-13-21, 11:02 PM   #5124
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revus View Post
Nicely done. Too bad about the TM2. Hopefully you get a nice shiney new boat.

Been having really good odds with the MK14's in Apr '43. No prematures, only a few duds, but I've been focusing on night attacks, making slow speed a little more easy to work with, without all those pesky lookouts spotting the wake.
Thanks, it was an interesting patrol to wrap up first year of the war. Glad to see one of my goals of making the early war challenging and interesting to play was accomplished. Since I am not just running patrol to test, get to enjoy it more.

Yes, the Torpedoman going manic was unexpected. I assume you saw the whole write up did about it, only second time have ever noticed a crewmembers morale to go to manic. First time he was also injured and never came out of the manic state, died before reached Pearl Harbor.

Well, not really losing the boat. I edit the files and start with a new captain, clear out formers tonnage etc when appropriate. Seal got a new CO in January 1943 so switching it up next patrol. She was seriously damaged when rammed by a freighter on 16 November 1942. Bent the periscope back 90 degrees, knocked the second out out of its housing, japanese paint all over the sheers. Went on to Pearl Harbor, then to Mare Island for refit. So in the sim during same time period, I had to manually refit my boat due to the conning tower upgrade bug , so did not lose radar etc. Have it all refitted and ready to go. Decided to change it up and started a career in Balao in Fall 1943 Ill be back to the Seal career though, want to try and make it to end of war in a Salmon, since started in December 1941.

I am surprised torpedoes are that reliable in April 43, but it happens. Glad to hear you are working on the night attacks, by the time 1944 rolls around you'll be ready to get inside the convoys and attack lol
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote