View Single Post
Old 10-06-21, 06:45 PM   #5118
Revus
Mate

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Great job on the report, I enjoyed it. Nice how formatted it like the actual reports.

Torpedo defects are working as designed lol . My last patrol , two out of 22 torpedoes (in a Salmon class in 1942) performed properly, sinking one ship by torpedo. Had eight premature detonation...several so close the explosion actually caused damage lol talking feet away from targets , four duds, and rest were suspected deep runners, even when minimum depth set ran deep . Keep tonnage down to typical for a summer 1942 patrol. Depth control issue gets better after December 42
Appreciate it. I think writing the report makes a patrol take nearly twice as long, but I feel it adds to the immersion quite a bit Originally started doing it to keep track of what I was doing (more importantly what I was doing wrong) and it ended up like this.

2/22?! Ooof. I've had those patrols. Those early war times are particularly tough. Even had a circle runner a while back (back before I knew what they were). Gave me quite the shock, leaving me staring at my screen slackjawed, looking for something to throw at it.

Luckily no premature runs this patrol. We'll see what happens this go 'round. Transferred commands to Brisbane and was given a mission in the north Yellow Sea to take pictures of a CV in port. Might just "get lost" on the way there.
Revus is offline   Reply With Quote