View Single Post
Old 03-13-22, 12:14 PM   #31
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

INEVITABLE FALLOUT: That old gent who wrote his PhD on the foxtrot! was a second father to me. I was his go-to guy: front line or goalie as needed incl. liming the the field for games. <the 2 of us '71 Unfortunately, he died during the summer on a summer architecture trip to Italy twixt my junior and senior year; costing me the expected A-team goaltender position. The new coach, a braggart Norwegian national team import, was a jerk and brought in a basket-baller who proceeded to have a miserable season. So I simply practised soccer, which allowed the team to hold full-game practises; but played both fall and spring Rugby senior year on the weekends all over the midwest incl tournements; which pißed off the Norge coach who wasn't using me anyway primarily 'cause I was having too much fun for the imported English professor, (actually from Rugby, England); who'd introduced the club-sport my freshman year-incl. my liming the pitch, and procuring the postgame Hamm's kegs!?? My soccer teammates understood I'd been deprived after 3 years as B team goalie/A team inside, never missing a practice in 4 years; and demanded the athletic dept award me a letter which it did...the petty politics I tells ya! 4 of them later joined me on the Spring season pitch, giving Rugby a tryout!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 03-14-22 at 12:21 AM. Reason: add photo of me & coach
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote