View Single Post
Old 03-20-21, 04:25 PM   #4
SixthFall
Seaman

Downloads: 125
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by derstosstrupp View Post
As long as your data is correct, and your TDC is set up correctly, there should be no reason why you miss. The above procedures are easy to perform and free you from reliance on any periscope tools or the manual. They take time, but they are done on the surface, with the exception of estimation, so that gives you time to perform them and refine them. Speed can definitely be between knot values. Historically they rounded to the nearest half a knot, so I would suggest doing the same. Also, make sure your tubes are flooded prior to shooting, as that will cause a delay if you don’t remember to do that.

Here is a video of me doing all of the above, in an entire engagement. I think I don’t do the fixed wire, but you are comfortable with that already.. This includes TDC setup and sinking the target as well.

Ive more question for ya, when I find target speed with the ujagd and the raobf, I'm usually doing 1-2 knots. Would that make a large enough difference that my torps would undershoot the target at a range of 3000m ish? Maybe my issue is I need to make sure I'm stopped completely.
SixthFall is offline   Reply With Quote