View Single Post
Old 03-19-21, 10:15 PM   #1
SixthFall
Seaman

Downloads: 125
Uploads: 0
Default Keep missing torpedoes

Hey everyone, going someone can help me here, I keep missing my torpedoes! I'm using sh5 with twos, and everytime I line up a shot ( not the fast 90, I can pull that off pretty easy) I end up missing with my torpedoes going to the rear of the target. I use the manual tdc obviously, and I'll calculate range mostly with the stadimeter, sometimes with the raobf tool. When I find the speed, I usually use the ujagd to time the target, then I'll find the speed using the raobf tool. Ive found that I'll usually get a speed with a decimal, like 5.6 knots, and I've tried to both round up and round down to the nearest knot before entering it into the tdc dial.

Ive even entered the actual number with the UN rounded decimal into the xo dialog box, but it doesn't seem to make a big difference. Usually I'll try to wait for lower gyro angles to shoot, but again, it doesn't make much difference with the out come. Anyone have any ideas?

Or better yet, if you guys only use periscope tools, let me know what your targeting process is so I can try to see where I'm going wrong, as I don't want, or like to use the map to get targeting info.

Thanks guys!
SixthFall is offline   Reply With Quote