View Single Post
Old 02-08-22, 10:52 AM   #63
Andreas86
Engineer

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 1

Default Debug mode

Here is something interesting. In subsim.exe there are two references to a debug mode/screen. I have not yet been able to provoke this screen, but it is referenced along with "memory left". And the free memory window you can provoke by pressing "left alt + left shift + M", so I have a strong feeling we should be able to call up a debug screen as well, with the right combination. If you look at the third HxD screenshot from the left, there are references to some special options that we cannot normally see.

I have also found two other features as you can see in the screens below.
"ctrl + alt + P" will toggle between "Port animations on/off", and "ctrl + alt + R" will toggle between "All rumors on/off". These combinations are not referenced either in the official manual, nor the last minute readmes afaik. Perhaps there are more like this.

Having access to the internal debug screen would be great as it could maybe lead us to understand AOD better, and to enable or disable various features.

I encourage everyone to try out key combinations and look for this. I know in Dynamix games like Betrayal at Krondor you could call up a "cheat" screen by going to the overhead map and holding down [Alt]+[right Shift]+[~] (tilde) keys for two or three seconds. I wouldn't be surprised if Piotr Lukaszuk did the same for AOD. I would very much like to be able to manipulate the wave action.

Andreas86 is offline   Reply With Quote