Old 11-15-20, 01:50 PM   #170
Navelintel
Mate

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardius View Post
Hi guys,

Although I signed up for Subsim about 12 years ago, I didn't participate much, partly because I didn't have much to contribute, partly because my poor english.

The fact is that after many years without using SH4, I decided to reinstall it and, although the installation went well, when I accessed the simulator I could only see the Ubisoft logo and the introduction, after which my screen became black. As my version was the original 1.0 on DVD, I bought the most current version, the Gold. After uninstalling the old one and reinstalling the new one (v 1.5) I still had the same problem.

I have read a lot here, in the Ubisoft forums, videos on Youtube that partly solve the problem but only allow you to use it in window mode at a resolution of 1024x768, which for me is unacceptable.

Ubisoft's support was nefarious, because after opening a ticket they only gave me some generic links on how to activate the compatibility mode we all know.

So I was about to throw in the towel and uninstall it when it occurred to me to test the compatibility mode and I found the solution.

This simply consists of activating the compatibility with XP ServicePack 2 and, the most important thing: activate the box "Disable full screen optimizations"... and I already have SH4 working at maximum resolution and with the maximum configuration of all effects and visual improvements.

Well, excuse me for this long post and I sincerely hope that it will help you to enjoy this wonderful simulator again.

And if someone already proposed this solution and I missed it, I apologize.

Greetings and good sea for all

Gerard
Thanks for the tip mate!

After another recent MS sneak attack via their infamous Windows 10 ‘update’, both my SH3 and SH4 programs were again trashed due to a settings issue that would not allow me to launch either game after the initial introductions. But your suggestion, to check disable full-screen optimizations, worked like a charm. Not sure why MS even offers this feature (i.e., full-screen optimizations) as it was supposed ‘to boost gaming performance and deliver a borderless full screen for you to enjoy your games’. Au contraire, MS blew it again on this one.

BTW, I utilize Uplay or now it's called Ubisoft Connect to access SH4 Gold Edition, and agree based on my experience, Ubisoft’s ‘support’ is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle!

So, stay well and stay safe.

Navelintel
Navelintel is offline   Reply With Quote