View Single Post
Old 03-25-15, 10:56 AM   #8
moose1am
Frogman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I played Silent Service on my Atari 800 back in the late 1980's when I could find some free time away from the wife and kid. I think I might still have the card that shows all the commands and the keys that do those commands. I saved the 5 1/4 floppy disk and the box the game came in along with the manual or instruction sheet.

I spent many hours trying to destroy the enemy destroyers and other ships. I do remember taking out a enemy destroyer as it was heading straight for me. I fired a bow torpedo and sunk the destroyer before it could get me. I was sweating and the heart was pounding. Graphics were pixelated but the game was fun.

MicroProse also sold a game called F15 Strike Eagle which I also played on that Atari Computer. I finally purchased a new Atari 130XE and thought I was in heaven with 128 K or ram. LOL Then I got a external disk drive or two. I never did get a hard drive though. I moved up to a IBM compatible Packard Bell Legend 520sx and was finally though buying new computers. Well I was wrong. Several thousand dollars later and I'm still wanting to update my computer in order to play games.

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote