View Single Post
Old 07-21-22, 09:25 PM   #4913
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Was NOT aware, that jimi's torp mod... had been... incorporated into v1.8 of FotRS-U.

On knowing that, now... have it in worx to back that out of the mix...
Ee-yup... in the ReadMe - if I didn't screw that up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
So which mod removes the silhouettes of ships on nav map wen zoomed in? I really dislike (always have since stock) the colored and different shapes which reveals what the ship is. Prefer the TMO dot/pencil mark. I hate the tmo style markings mods in but only covers when zoomed out, if zoom in close such as when plotting, shows the shape of ships and color based on friendly/enemy etc.
The TMO NavMapDots are the "pencil" dots on the NavMap, of course. The 452_TMOstyle_NavMapShipMarks and 453_TMOstyle_NavMapAirMarks have the zoomed-in "boxes", no color for the ships and planes respectively. No hint as to what nationality. If you use those mods, they will cover the Moonlight Sonar lines if already applied, so put it in last if you want the colored lines hints of Warship blue lines, Merchant black line and radar detected dark green lines...

Quote:
Yes, need to try traditional shots to see the issue more.

What I have found is prior to having used the rec manual and clicking to sen the mast data to TDC, the stadimeter only lets move the dial up to 1300 yards. After having sighted a target and entered range, it allows to enter between 900 and 9000 yards roughly, there just is not the free movement needed and should have. Bringing back terrible memories of stock game and TMO before the fix lol.

Periscope and stadimeter is among the most fouled up parts of SH 4 stock, its almost like...UBI just did not care lmao.
Copy that on needing more tests, and doing it while another sub is running your down is not the best test environment... lol - as for the Range Dial, 1300 yards on that is like an "Infinity" setting. All TMO did was to increase the number, but the actual "resolution" of the dial is still there. If you haven't tried them, do one of the 454 mods and see if you like being able to do that, with the left and right segments being able to adjust each other...

Quote:
Really enjoying the mod guys. Well done.

Dec 1941 in USS Triton (Tambor) bouncing around Marshalls. No merchant shipping as of yet, just a DD and couple PC's. Curiously, no aircraft with over ten days in area.
Thank you for that. As for the Marshalls, when you first get there, if you go to the correct location (don't want to give it away), you will encounter the "expansion force", where the Japanese were doing landings into the Marshalls and Gilberts. There should be the occasional 4 engine long-range patrol / float plane, and then in the groupings themselves, there will be sea plane tenders, and you should encounter those when you are close enough. I don't think we put anymore AirBases in there, and I think we took a couple out earlier, because that was all that you saw, was airplanes, kind of like being around Buna and the Shortlands. Up there, OK, that is understood, with it being a Japanese stronghold area and close enough to Rabaul, but not in the eastern Marshalls and northern Gilberts... "shoestring budget" at work... Even when there is merchant traffic in the area, it is only a few ships every other day, a small convoy maybe once a week, and it stops at various atolls... it is really hard to catch anything other than the lonesome DE patrols... That is why, on the early assignments down there, you usually get 3 or more Objectives with the mission, and each worth 300 points usually, just so the player basically get at least a decent patrol score for being sent to a dead, boring locale for their first mission... kind of like the S18 out of Manila that gets the Tablas Strait, or the Sibuyan Sea and only sees the occasional scout plane, but then gets the Lingayen Gulf assignment... lol - Oh Boy! Lots of renown there!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote