View Single Post
Old 10-07-21, 08:04 AM   #146
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
Halo. First, I am sorry for the late reply and for the duplicated maps in the post, do not know what happened.

The CTD: was at 2048 time compression, July 1942. Until now it was the only time, so far.

Since it was my first patrol, no other mods were enable besides the ones you advise in the readme files.

I am now on my second patrol, had a nice 2 on 1 encounter with a couple of destroyers in the Lombok strait. What I notice was that there was no sound of the depth charges entering the water and then when exploding, the splash sound of the water column, when outside - using the free camera.

Inside the boat, i could here the propellers, sonar pings and the exploding charges (remind me of Godzilla foot steps sounds from the first film).

I had to dive to 350 ft, with my Sargo and silent running until I lost them.

Forgive me, location of the CTD was near Manila? Possible at that time compression near the minefield was too much and caused CTD. That is the only CTD I have had reported and it happened to me other day when tested. When kept it 32-64 time compression, so CTD. Did not occur to me to mention this in README, will definitely include that in the future updates of the mod.

There was no splash sound at all or just a few skips? Very strange if so. Once in a while a splash noise, especially when multiple charges are simultaneously deployed, the sound will be skipped but usually majority there is a splash sound.

Love the sound effects of depth charges in the EAX sound mod, and torpedo impacts on the surface at night, how sound travels. One of the best mods ever made for SH 4 in my opinion. Changes the whole experience.

My current campaign is in a Salmon Class, so similar to the Sargo. I am just finished fifth patrol in August-September 1942. Yes, usally have to go to 350-380 feet to escape .
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote