View Single Post
Old 02-17-22, 08:00 AM   #32
yagura
Seaman

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Icon1

Still working good, been trying various immersion/additional mods, noting and fixing conflicts here and there. A few things related to SH3Commander have got me curious.

1. As stated before I use Commander to launch the game. Occasionally, on startup loading the game will crash to desktop. I was wondering if the settings and stuff Commander does for you (captain name, U-number, and the game settings for e.g. randomized crush depth etc.) are still in effect if I launch the game after the crash without using Commander.

2. An interesting tip came up in Commander: "SH3 Commander simulates the effects of thermal layers by default. You can remove this feature by deleting the associated lines from "..\SH3 Commander\Cfg\Randomised events.cfg". Any knowledge about whether or not those effects, and any other possible stuff related to Randomised_events.cfg, work as intended within NYGM?

3. There is a Commander option under Time Compression for When receive radio report. I have set Max TC 1 for that, but it seems like radio messages/reports rarely if ever change the TC from e.g. a high value to something else. What gives?

Last edited by yagura; 02-17-22 at 08:19 AM.
yagura is offline   Reply With Quote