View Single Post
Old 06-14-22, 12:29 PM   #3
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly_American09 View Post
Finished my first seascape a few months back. Extremely pleased with how it turned out. U-552 aka “Rote Teufel” (Red Devil), Type VII C U-boat captained by Erich Topp. Model is 1/350 scale.

I used a backed wood frame and styrofoam for the base. Covered the styrofoam with bunches of aluminum foil to form waves and then glued an aluminum foil sheet over the “waves” that I created. Then used layers of Modge Podge matte to give a coat of transparent glue over the foil to take primer. Primed using a grey Tamiya primer and then applied a variety of sea blue and other colors to build up the seascape. I sealed everything with gloss coats and added more layers of gloss Modge Podge. I used a gel medium for the waves. The foam and turned up sea was replicated using pulled apart cotton balls and covering with Modge Podge gloss.

Onto the next one! Glad to see other modelers and sub simmers out there! ☺️👌
Great job, I would be proud.

The seascape model is on my list of models to try to make. I've watched a lot of videos, some use wet wipes, others some other stuff. Was the foil easy to work with? And how does it hold up once you have finished everything, is it durable?