Old 12-21-21, 08:41 PM   #299
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
can't find the GD post......

i believe you posted that you had set the promotion schedule such that you did not think a player could reach the rank of Captain and to let you know if it happened.

it happened. Promotion date is Feb 12 1944. Career start was 12/8/1942.

secondly, responding to a radio message, we parked ourselves off the Wake Atoll awaiting two air raids on Feb 5 and Feb 9, 1944. We were requested to provide lifeguard service. we did not see either raid nor were there any survivors to rescue. was that radio message a legitimate tasking that should have resulted in sea-air rescue or not?

thirdly, while we were in the vicinity of Wake, we ventured nearer the island to get a better look. we found some AA guns and some shore batteries. when i zoomed in closer on the Nav Map, it displayed two errors. please refer to screen print below. i believe the missing graphics are Small Coastal Defense Guns.

While unlikely will be promoted to Captain, not impossible in the initial release of update, but plan to tweak it a bit more. Depends a lot on how successful each patrol is to affect players ranking. I also had the number of patrols set to 20 satisfactory patrols to achieve that rank, so that means you have twenty war patrols completed in that time frame? Did you have some short patrols Also, what realism level are you playing at ?

Yes, I apologize for the issue at Wake Island. I discovered this issue recently. Apparently, the PBY flying boat, somehow had its disappearance date in its roster.cfg file set to July 1943(!). I am not sure how or why it was set to this date. The plan is imported from RSRD and I missed it. I discovered this recently when I went to conduct lifeguard operations/observe the bombing, changed it and planes showed up no problem. This will be resolved in next update, which will feature PBY strikes on Wake on 30 Jan, 5 Feb, and 9 Feb 1944.

These strikes are based on historical missions in Jan/Feb 1944 by PB2Y Coronado flying boats, based in Hawaii, which staged through Midway to strike Wake Island in advance of an during the Marshall Islands invasion. USS Tang was assigned to the lifeguard missions on 30 Jan and 5 Feb before being released to patrol off Truk. I have created these patrol orders for Balao class in the next update as well.

I'll look into the the errors on the coastal gun. Thank you for pointing them out.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote