View Single Post
Old 06-07-17, 01:03 PM   #65
macstu23
Soundman

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

I too have had my finger hovering over the 'Buy' button on Steam since this game's release. For the longest time I've been hoping for a game that is something like Silent Hunter but set in the Cold War era. I realise now Cold Waters doesn't quite fit that bill exactly, but it appears on the surface (pardon the pun) to be something I could still get into.
Some of the user reviews on Steam have been encouraging, but others have likewise had me holding back from buying, prefering instead to at and see. Anyway, I'm glad I paid a visit here (has it really been so long since last time?) to find out what the word was on Cold Waters. Your fair reviews, giving both the rough and the smooth, have been enough to convince me that, while this may not quite live up to my hopes of being a Cold War 'Silent Hunter', it's about as close as I'm likely to get for quite some time.
I'm also very much encouraged that Killerfish games have stated they are going to look into addressing some of the issues you're all talking about. This could well be the start of something great, so I'm heading over to Steam right now to hit that 'Buy' button.
Will no doubt post again in a day or two with more informed opinion. Cheers folks.
macstu23 is offline   Reply With Quote