View Single Post
Old 05-05-20, 11:07 AM   #915
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Uhhhh, FotRSU mod team, what is this? ...
Why, that is a politically correct ship sinking... ahem...

It does look like a graphics glitch, but first of all, can you ID the ship for us so that we can double-check it's zon file please? 2nd of all, had you shelled-out to Windows, accidentally or otherwise lately? maybe mixed mods accidentally in the Save folder etc etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Troop insertion missions seem broken. I'm trying to follow the SM08 InsertionRescueTraining.pdf included with FotRS:UE, but it doesn't work.

The problem is that I can't postpone. If I try to use the "postpone" option when prompted to drop the troops off, so that I can get the boat going back and hard starboard rudder as suggested (so that the raft doesn't crash into my sub), I am never able to launch the troops. I get the "sword" icon in the upper right, but when I click on it nothing happens. No dialog to perform the troop insertion. I have to do it when it initially pops up, or can't do it at all.
Well, the insertion works, but I did break the exfiltrate with the new, soon-to-be-released next version, so now I'll have to re-do that, but even that should work in your current version. Just for re-cap, and to illustrate what KaleunMarco points out:

I have drawn a 3600 yard circle and make certain I am well-within the confines for most launch points (3-5nm)

Point here: Some in-game missions have circles for you, others do not. All Patrol missions should have circles, but not all of the SpecOps do. Read the orders and be governed accordingly...

Going by my NavMap, I am within launching distance, yet outside on the bridge, I am not prompted... look closely at the knot gauge and the telegraph. Notice also the menu. I am on the bridge...

Notice here now, that while we're traveling at 11 knots still, I have taken the throttle to "All Stop", and there is the "Launch" prompt... - I hit "Postpone" to get that little window out of my way while I slow this train down...

OK, a bit later, I am at 1 knot reversed, hard rudder right, and I click that little "Sword" icon in the upper-right to launch the Insert agent. The "reverse" and "hard right rudder" are just so I don't get that "SCREEEE" as the raft bumps the sub side. Not necessary to do that.

Now, here is where you are having troubles. After I click the "Agent Insertion" button in the upper-right, I get this pop-up, but notice that it defaults to the "last used" state of "Postpone"... mouse click on that "Launch boat" instead. If that's not the issue, then look at the menu buttons - they MUST be for the Bridge station. You must also have the throttle down at Stop or 1/3 (??? I think...) ~and~ still within the confines of the launch area.

There's our man, waiting on the sub's crew to get his raft ready for his use...

... and there, he is away, and you can paint us gone. We have got to hide this beast of a sore-thumb-machine in this sea of blue and beautiful greens. We are too easy to see on a gorgeous day like today, probably even down to 120 foot or more...

That is all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
A while back I stumbled upon a cluster of warships at anchorage off Dublon. One of them soaked up a ridiculous amount of torps yet wouldn't sink...
One must be careful around Truk not to waste torpedoes on ships sitting in shallow water, because they will bottom-out on the sea floor, and never sink. Yet, unless you completely "destroyed" it, the guns will still be manned and active... - also be aware that there are airplane as well as ship patrols around the area, and there is no place to hide once they "see" you.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote