View Single Post
Old 11-18-19, 09:37 AM   #14
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Yes, its about fincial affordability, and car quality. German car makers still are associated with superior quality. But in the small car segment, the Asians are better - not just cheaper, but also better. And since the medium price and size segment becomes more and more unaffordable for the ordinary employee, car sales in the smaller size segmet goes up. Luxury cars are just for the very wealthy, and companies leasing them for their business fleet. German brands still oput hjigh empohasis on the medium and high price segment, but the fight for e-mobility I expect to be decided in the small car segment.

Which may also mean the need for loing rnage mediuum and big sized cars will fall. Families may not find it affordable to have a battery car for city traffic, and a hydrogen car for holiday travelling.

Personally, I am a happy user of an e-bicycle, and have no car at all. I have not driven a car since 30 years, I never needed to own a car. I I now would need to buy a car for whatever a reaosn, I honestlky do not know what to do. An all-e-car I would refuse to buy, so probably a small hybrid car, if there are hybrids in the small car segment, I do not know. Else a small gasoline car, probably a Korean or Japanese. The asking prices for small size German cars imo are not justified.