John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy...

Just a bit of a... status update.

To date, have taken just the base SH3... & put it on a diet.

Went through & found doc's... that on inspection, were not related to SH3 in playing. (Testbedded it on culling those out & it booted up, just fine. ) which, was good news indeed.

Took it to stage 2... in the sounds dept., culled out en voices... & on culling them... test bed launched it... & as before... booted up... & seemed to do so, a lot faster.

Am now looking to further put it on a diet... with the text confirm messages & such... (for Me, that would translate down to the de or german text files & such in that category... wanting to keep the en or english side of that part... as I don't read german. though I do enjoy hearing orders given in it, though.) such as when giving an order of say... speed 1/3 ahead... but, could use a bit of... a spot light on where to look for that, exactly... so, any info on that... thanks.

M. M.

The console text messages are found in the de, en, etc. text files found in data\menu. Fwiw, text files don't much matter for anything.
Number and kind of units in the game/campaign files are what can really bloat things up loading time - wise, etc., among other things.