View Single Post
Old 11-30-14, 11:03 AM   #21
ColdFront
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo View Post
Hmmm.. No it doesn't. It means the policy is designed to insure that Steam can MATCH the price - which brings value (through the reduced price) to the larger customer base.

Lowered prices (matching sale prices elsewhere) with a larger market portion equates to greater sales, which helps the developer pay his/her bills and keep working on the "next big thing".

Quite honestly - having done the "early access" bit a few times I am more against the whole "early access" movement than I am with Steam wanting to stay competitive for its users.
Hmmm.. No it doesn't. Read the policy again:
Quote:
We expect Steam customers to get a price for the Early Access game no higher than they are offered on any other service or website. Please make sure that’s the case.
This means that any website that sells the same early access game for less ensures that Steam is selling it for higher, which would violate the new policy. More > Less. Kindergarten math. But my fellow morons on ABT can't even do that. One was so stupid he insisted that the Sherman Antitrust Act hasn't existed since 2005. I had to point him to a antitrust case in 2012 which cited a violation of the Act.