View Single Post
Old 01-24-22, 11:19 AM   #4
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 95
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
The traffic is most likely from the japanese harbor traffic file and is random generated, so it respawns every so often, after player leaves area, so you return and its back. This was done I am sure so there is always "life" to Truk harbor.

I disliked this aspect of SH 4 as well, so in TMO I did away with major ships spawning and respawning, the carriers, BB's, CA's are only present roughly when they actually were. I also made them only spawn once, so if manage to sink a carrier in Truk, that carrier will not respawn. If same class is there later, its representing another carrier, but not the same unit.

Furthermore, I made it a death trap (as it would have been) to actually operate inside Truk Atoll in a submarine. Mines, Nets, Elite ASW, and local air patrols. I designed the defense and ever with my knowledge, I've survived once out of five attempts in testing and boat was heavily damaged. In real life, would not have made it. I did slip inside the reef on surface during the chaos of the Feb 1944 air strikes (HAILSTONE) to rescue a downed aircrew in raft, as I had watched a TBF crew bail out, but they were just inside the reef and no enemy vessels were around (well, one was nearby on fire and sinking from air strikes). I hung around a few to see if could rescue anymore down inside the reef, picked up a downed F6F pilot but came under heavy shore battery fire (luckily all missed) and a DE type came rushing in a high speed luckily I was able to haul a** out of there before actually spotted me, was just responding to sighting report. I did not risk being submerged due to shallow waters, and mines/obstacles.

Even if make it inside the reef , unlikely to make it out.
did you leave the respawn feature on in TMOwTW? that's what I play, maybe I'll have to try regular TMO again, it kicks my behind a little too much. I suppose it would be too much to ask for something in between them?
1Patriotofmany is offline   Reply With Quote