View Single Post
Old 04-28-22, 03:01 PM   #4554
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArditoCorsaro View Post
Yes, it's all ok about the installation, in d: is installed and not in c (years of experience teach me to not thrust of c , my mod list is your without other mods, fotrsu ultimate plus the patch, both Maru mods and Vickers interiors compatible with fotrsu, and combined roster. In this order. Sorry if i can't post the list in a conventional way but i write from a handy phone.
Btw Happen to any installation of this last version, it's not the first time. I must try something related to the ship spotted message in the game files maybe...try to fix it. Or to reinstall but i yet done it several times and ever this problem I had. Dark hours, ever at night around Marshall chain, in December 41 orders are to stay submerged during daylight so only at night and with any weather i have this failure. But i can confirm the watch crew see them, since if i ask, they give me the bearing. And sure, they was enemy, the destroyers who patrol around Marshall chain japanese bases. The friendly ships are spotted regularly when I go out from port. With enemy ships at night seems the watch crew is silent and no warship spotted window appear. Also if like i sad, they see clearly them since I ask bearing and attack with tdc.
Only question left then is this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
... Did you empty the Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4) prior to starting to play the modded game?...
Your install path would be fine. As for mod order, you should be fine with what you have, but vickers03's Interiors mod should be last - unless you do any of his optional mods, or the EAX Sound mod, of course, which would then be the last mod in. The Combined Roster though, is only a Names.cfg file, which would not interfere.

Do you use MultiSH4 for a new, unique Save folder name?

I am often disappointed in the way the game works with the "Ship spotted..." messaging and 'vocal' prompt you get, in that you might be 6500 yards away, as an example, and you will get the warning. You look, and decide that you don't need to worry about that particular contact just yet, since they are not closing, and are in fact, going away from your position. Just like so many other aspects of the game though, it is a one-time and one-time-only warning... If that particular ship should happen to turn and start toward your boat, you do not get another "warning". The Officer of the Watch is thinking "I already told him about that ship", and that's it. Next thing you know, you have a 5.1 inch shell through the conn and 2 torpedoes headed your way as you try to crash dive...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote