View Single Post
Old 08-08-16, 03:19 AM   #68
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Thanks, will put some more here this evening, and the rest on Box with a link. There are not so much though, i take it Oscar and Einar made a lot and can post them also here or elsewhere (?).

As i said the meeting was much too short, would be nice to repeat this with some more time at my hands..

I already had a hard time to explain the "Untertriebszellen" thing , and for Dan, Einar and Oscar: this second glass plate at the obs scope is not for detecting water/fog in the scope (as i assumed), for this there are two other "valves", and a tap for draining. Have not found out what the second glass is for, maybe there was another part fitted, like a "Dreieckspeiler" (~triangle direction finder). Maybe we can ask Paul ?

Here is some more about the observation periscope, which had some different names in german, like
Beobachtungssehrohr
Luftzielsehrohr
Nachtsehrohr
(Sehrohr = Periscope)
The angle of the upper lens could be moved, so you could see planes directly above, also the viewing angle was wider than that of the attack periscope, which is why it also was used at night due to the better luminosity.
http://www.tvre.org/en/aiming-with-the-periscope
The observation periscope in the 995 is pof the ASR C/13 type.

Greetings,
cf

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 08-08-16 at 03:27 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote