Old 06-08-22, 09:21 PM   #254
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
It should have been written this way

The following weeks after the mass shooting un Uvalde Texas Danish and Swedish tv had some reporters in that state and the answer they got from ordinary Texan gave me the impression that there are some American who value the 2nd Amendment more than a life.

Markus

Being that you reside in Denmark, I don't blame you that you may have a distorted perception of the U.S . With few exceptions of violence, perpetrated by disturbed individuals, we value all life. Unfortunately, it's those exceptions and those horrible individuals that get the headlines. Why is that ? Simple. Bad news travels fast, grabs the headlines and sells newspapers.

Whenever a disaster, earthquake, tsunami's, etc hits a country, it's usually the U.S that is one of the first countries to respond. In a number of documented cases, people from the U.S have left their jobs, families and positions to travel to another country experiencing a disaster to render aid and expertise. How many other countries do that ?

With regards to weapons, I notice it's rarely if ever reported that an armed homeowner or someone with a concealed carry license protected his home and or family from an armed intruder or intervened to protect a police officer that was being attacked with a legally owned and carried weapon.

If you watch the news or read the papers, armed cowards attack soft targets like grade schools and the like where they know an armed response isn't likely. Responsible, armed citizens make poor targets. Why you ask ? Quite simply, armed cowards such as what we are talking about don't want to attack a school, institution or home where they know there is a good chance of their fire being returned and an armed response is a certainty. In the case of the Uvalde school shootings, there were inexcusable break downs of protocols.

Before you say the U.S doesn't value life, you should perform your due diligence in ascertaining the facts and look at the big picture and our collective history. I understand your perception of the U.S is being filtered through various news outlets that may well have an agenda and so, you may not have a clear picture. I would ask that your analysis be based on the facts and not hype.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 06-08-22 at 10:46 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote