kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
You know Ships have this.
WNOperationAirContactComm
Ok, I looked into it but fail to grasp how I can use this. It seems to be a strategy for warships for maneuvers when air contact is detected - three different maneuver patterns depending on distance to the plane (no threat, threat and critical). Granted I don't understand half these commands but nothing I saw seem to affect firing any cannons.

In other news, I did have a little progress yesterday. Since ship can fire AA, I thought I'd change relevant conditions and commands in Sub-Attack AI file from Sub: (command) to Ship: (command).

That got U-boats to fire AA guns at planes, but the fire was very intermittent (couple shots, back to ignoring planes, again couple shots after some time) and accuracy looks like they have gunner's mate first class Philip A. from Spaceballs manning the gun.

Edit: in general, something that can be looked into by modders re: sh5 scripting, is that it seems while various AI commands only work when used by "ship" "sub" or "plane", game seems to accept if we put "ship: do thing x" in plane ai file or vice versa. TDW already used this in his plane strategies, now it seems to allow subs to fire guns, perhaps there are more situations where using "someone else's" command can be beneficial

Last edited by kapuhy; 03-25-21 at 05:02 AM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote