View Single Post
Old 11-10-20, 06:07 AM   #12
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Credit goes to manilov.ap, I just reduced polycount a bit and modified uv maps.
That is quite some work by you anyway

Quote:
Thanks for the hint! I might fiddle with plane's rudders to make it less maneuverable (simulating cautious handling by crew aware of their plane's fragility - though I'd have to test if AI can handle it without crashing into sea)
Nice idea. On a more general note I wonder whether - within reasonable limits - wing/rudder drag coefficients can be used to simulate in game the general improvement in aircraft handling from interwar planes to late-war designs. Far from being an expert of aerodynamics, in the past I have tried to investigate which property, off the ones that are commonly listed in aircraft specs, can be used as a measure of their "agility", and I have found wing loading (i.e. the total mass / wing area ratio) to be a good compromise.

Quote:
and maybe add low hp/critical damage zone somewhere in fuselage for occasional critical hit.
A while back I have had more or less the same idea. I wanted to place a critical hit damage zones in aircraft cockpit, to simulate the killing of their pilot(s) by a lucky shot. I never tested its feasibility though. In the forst place, are critical zones going to work for air units/gun shots?

Quote:
Meanwhile, it's getting awful crowded in my sky with 5 new and 2 remodeled/repainted aircraft already in the pipeline, in various stages of completion.
Good!

Besides the planes that you have mentioned to me in one of your last emails, there is a bunch of other aircraft, missing from SH5, which had some importance in the ASW / anti-shipping / coastal patrol role both as embarked and land-based planes. Most of them are very popular and have been modelled many times, but a few of them - mostly interwar and early-war ones - despite their extensive usage early in the war, had a limited operational success and they are almost unknown to the videogaminig / 3D modelling world.

P.S: have you read my last e-amils to you?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote