Old 09-03-21, 01:06 PM   #171
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

30 March 1942
Oahu on borrowed time

Java
At the eastern beachhead of Tjepoe, we had some success interdicting bombers, getting 3 Sallies and a Lily along with 5 Zeroes and 2 Oscars. We lost 3 fighters. The bombers are still getting through, though, and between the bombing raids and naval bombardment, I am concerned my armies here could become combat ineffective.

We attempted raids against the enemy ships attacking Tjepoe, costing us our last 2 Swordfish torpedo bombers on Java along with 3 Falcon light bombers and 4 fighters. We didn't score any hits as most of the bombers aborted due to the amount of resistance.

Enemy armies cleared by forces out of a hex adjacent to Surabaya, casualties 155 to 514 favoring them. We attacked in Tjepoe, and despite the enemy bombardments we managed to bring their forts down to 0. Casualties even at 375 each side.

Makassar Strait
KVIII torpedoed a cargo ship, likely sinking it.

Celebes Sea
S-36 performed surface attack in the "tanker lane" against a cargo ship, scoring gun hits and a torpedo hit and likely sinking it.

Thailand
Air battles near Raheng claimed 2 fighters on each side, we also lost a Hudson to flak. Again, damage to enemy ground forces done by our bombers was light compared to prior turns. Our troops below attacked and have taken Pisanuloke, inflicting 900 casualties to our 83 in the process. This concludes the northern prong of Operation Kinky Boots. My armies will rest for a day and then head south to threaten Bangkok, possibly surround it and cut it off.

New Hebrides
Remarkably little happened here, which after the last two turns is worth reporting on. We bombed Luganville with no resistance and didn't suffer any enemy raids. I still think the enemy CVBG is here. Oh, and intel reports one of the CVLs we thought was sunk is still in service--I think it was the Zuiho. I doubt it's here now, but maybe in another month or two.

Hawaii
The supply situation in Oahu is becoming critical. I have a couple plans to relieve the pressure, but I'm just not sure I have the time to make them work.

EDIT:
Japan: USS Triton was finished off by a Japanese ASW aircraft that caught the crippled boat on the surface. The Triton is the first sub I've lost at sea, the only other two to be sunk were in port.

Last edited by Molon Labe; 09-03-21 at 03:59 PM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote