View Single Post
Old 11-11-21, 08:22 PM   #7
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
If you used some of Trav's settings I suspect that's the only reason why. I do recall with other mods I could blow tanks and still get my sub going back down without surfacing, but with Travs mod it changed timing to get going back down. The same with changing depth, but always going up, it just took longer with Travs mod to reverse the depth going back down. For instance in TMO if I blew tanks to rise quickly during a charge attack I had to dive around 100 ft or I would broach, Travs mod about 150 ft. If you had too much flooding you could sink from the surface.

Agreed. I have settled on it is most likely a the effect of travs flotation settings (which I like) likely combined ballast damage not listed in damage control systems screen. The models do have ballast tanks and all, are part of zones so assume can be damaged. The order for a large change from periscope depth to 250 ft was first time had made such a maneuver since the previous dc attack, had only made trim dives since.

I don't mind the broaching, or possibility of it happening, adds to the realism and challenge of the sim, was just unexpected.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote