View Single Post
Old 04-03-21, 07:57 PM   #6
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
It was on the Danish news throughout the day yesterday.

The anchor said that Biden in a phone call with the Ukrainian leader said USA support Ukraine. Then something about placing US troops in Ukraine.

I could have misunderstod it.
Have tried to find a Danish article

Found an English article though

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/bi...masses/2196552

Markus

I'm sure the man was able assure Ukraine of our support. But I would love to see the transcripts. I'd wager the script err... I mean conversation was kept pretty simple and uncomplicated.

The people who are setting the tone for things to come and having the big boy conversations are the US Secretary of Defense, Secretary of State, Chairman of the JCS, and National Security Advisor. They have all made the phone calls to their Ukrainian counterparts over the past weeks, and General Milley according to one of the links I posted was said to have even spoke with Russian General Gerasimov.

As for sending U.S. troops, all I can say to that is if we go to Ukraine so does NATO. I'd go so far as to say this is more of a NATO operation than anything else. We want Putin gone and we also want to breakup Germany's and Putin's newfound love for each other. Which is why NATO exists, as nothing ever good comes when those two get together. But I don't think there will be a shooting war. Instead I think those who keep Putin in power will have him removed in order to avoid it and losing everything they have.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-03-21 at 09:21 PM.