View Single Post
Old 03-05-08, 05:57 PM   #41
Stuffer
Watch

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

It is working just fine now, but I couldn't figure out how to add the snorkel as a new piece of equipment instead of replacing something else. Since I'm using my sub as a Type XXI instead of a XVIII, I replaced the turbine with the snorkel. The "alternate texture" piece of equipment appears to be a darker/dirtier skin for the Type IX, but I can't say for sure. That's the only other piece of equipment I could see that you would want to replace with the snorkel. I'm going to keep looking into it to see if I can't get it added as something totally new.

In the meantime, I'll put together a new package with my changes for both the Type XVIII and the Type XXI conversion...with Xant's permission of course. I also changed the diesel and electric motor specs to be more Type XXI accurate, as well as ranges at specific speeds submerged and surfaced.

I'm also looking into changing battery recharge times, so if anyone knows anything about that, let me know.

Oh, and I was looking up some snorkel information and it doesn't look like they were ever designed to supply fresh air to the sub itself. It simply supplies fresh air directly to the diesel engines and a means to exhaust it back out. So looking at that, you should eventually have to surface to get more O2 to the crew.
Stuffer is offline   Reply With Quote