View Single Post
Old 03-13-23, 11:31 AM   #4
Vox165
Soundman

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 0

Yep JSGME is very useful for these sims. Subsim is the best source for mods . FYI Many of the SH2 mods work in DC because both were designed to work together in MP. Example “ sergbuto’s v3.0 sea mod for SH2 works in DC too.

“Lg” is probably referring to 1024 resolution. The sim had separate graphic files for 640 vs 1024 resolutions.
Example: HelmLeft.tga(640x480) and HelmLeftLg.tga (1024x768).

“ 16h”. not sure. But I think this is a transparent lgraphic to display things like dial pointers as the sim runs. .

“ SL” Refers to a graphic that have to do with flyout or “Sliding Control Panel” that appears on the right side of the screen when pointer is move there.

Some file types you will be interested in are.
UDF. ( Unit definition File . All units parameters. Many types are modeled)
ADF ( Ammunition def files)
DDF ( Sensors )
SDF ( Scenario and campaign script files)
DSF ( System files effect image positions in windows etc
All of the above are txt and can be opened and change via Word Pad, and are very useful and a lot fun to experiment. There are an amazing number of multinational Units, radar, sonar , sensors systems , ammo types. etc modeled in DC . Scenario can be built from scratch or along with an editor such as Kriegstanz. Even though the scenarios in the default game are scripted they can be made made more dynamic and AI improved DIY.

JRF( 3D models AFAIK cant be changed without a special program)

Tons of stuff to play with. I haven’t played SH2 in years, but I still enjoy playing around with DC.
Hope that helps.

Last edited by Vox165; 03-14-23 at 09:21 AM.
Vox165 is offline   Reply With Quote