View Single Post
Old 01-19-23, 02:16 PM   #3
welk2
Watch

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 5

Thanks a lot Andreas, I downloaded your files

I had not found this specific page on way back machine ; some of content files = I had, but I had not not entire content, so it's a good treasure and if other users have other way back machine pages, it would be great to get the files.

Concerning scenarios, I know that some users have more 100 scenarios (I saw that on this thread forum)

I think it's difficult fore one user alone to found all files, lot are dispatched between users.

So, my goal is

1/ to collect all stuff of each member of community (all users have not same files, some are missing, etc) : scenarios, mods, utilities, documentations, readme files, manuels, patches, images charts, etc

2/ then to class all files to eliminate double files (files that are exactly identical)

3/ then to upload a large pack with this content for all players on mediafire (mediafire allows very large zip files to be uploaded and I have an account).

In addition of this "stuff pack" for SH, I plane also to create a future pack with a pre-installed automatic version (under dosbox). But I will wait to be sure that SH Commander edition is no more bought in any place.

I found some old CD SILENT HUNTER COMMANDER EDITION on Amazon (sold by users), but the problem is that these Amazon products are not allowing to shipping to Europe (sellers are in USA, not in Europe).

And GOG Game, at this time, does not sell Silent Hunter 1.31 CE
Same thing for Steam

This is eternal pb with old good dos games : no commercial shop sells them anymore and they are definitivly lost for players

EDIT :If someone knows a place where SH 1.31 Commander edition is sold, I would be interrested ! (a dos box version is cool, but a "modernized" version working without dosbox would be great)

EDIT : I have also found a little tool created by Fred Chandla, that allows to edit shp files in "ART" directory of SILENT HUNTER. It works fine with the "pal" files of the ART directory, and includes à SHP editor manuel" for users. But I do not know how to upload it on the "mods/utilities" section

Last edited by welk2; 01-19-23 at 02:37 PM.
welk2 is offline   Reply With Quote