View Single Post
Old 02-04-22, 03:01 AM   #55
Andreas86
Engineer

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 1

UPDATE 04.02.22

New in version 1.3

-New bridge view for the type VIIC! Both with and without watch crew on duty.
-Updated map view screens for all u-boats. 3 different colors to choose from, plus minor graphic fixes.

I am happy to be able to bring you a completely new bridge view for Aces of the Deep. Using an excellent 3D model of the type VIIC made by talented creator "splatypi" on www.blendswap.com, I used the program Blender to produce the 64 frames needed for a complete 360 view in Aces of the Deep. A lot of time and effort was put into finding the right viewpoint, exporting, palette conversions, graphic editing, fine pixel work, sourcing good sprites for the crew, aligning them correctly in each frame, and much, much more. I have made a version both with and without the watch crew on duty, so you can choose depending on your preference. Some may like to have an unmanned bridge with a free line of sight, but for authenticity I recommend using the bridge with a watch crew! I really hope this will add a lot to the immersion in the game.

The second, smaller feature in this version is updated map screens for all u-boats. My original white map screen has been replaced by an updated version with a different font on the top, shadows for the small items on the table, and you can now choose between 3 different colors for the map view (both for the regular u-boats and the type XXI). The colors are tan, blue-grey and grey. This update was made following a request by John Pancoast for a map that is both more pleasing for the eye, as well as more authentic. The tan colored map should resemble actual Kriegsmarine maps more than my original white. I used the closest shade I could find in the map screen palette. The two other colors are there if you like them. In the future I will also work on making the strategic maps more realistic.

Many thanks to John Pancoast for good advice and ideas, sending me various files, testing, feedback and motivation! Without your help this would not have come out as nice! I really appreciate it.

Download here:

See latest version.

Last edited by Andreas86; 04-07-22 at 02:29 PM.
Andreas86 is offline   Reply With Quote